Journal Entry 186
Work has been pretty taxing these few weeks and weekend trials are all that I am looking forward to every Friday. I guess that in life, having a dream and passion is what living is all about. You will do better when the passion is there :)
Well, I am trying my very best to ensure that I don't turn this to a cooking blog as I started this off for Lil Matt. Being a doting mother, it is definitely a must to cook well. I started out as a bad cook ~ it was disastrous so to speak :(. That is when I started to follow local cooking bloggers and eventually checking out You Tube clips to improve on my cooking. Hahaha ~ I am glad that I can see some improvements now & most importantly, can fit and suit the hubby's stomach !
Anyways, my 'tua pui ee' aka my godma was around last week and I made 'Foo Chok', pumpkin soup & shepperd's pie for her to taste. She is a typical Chinese lady with minimal exposure to 'ang-mor chiak' - I thought that this would be a good try for her. The taste was still a bit weird for her but it was something new. Glad that she liked it as well. Also, I would love to thank Jo Jo dear for introducing me to this dish and of course her guidance in teaching me.
On the other hand, it has been in my cooking bucket list to try out eggs Benedict. The main ingredient of this dish is on it's Hollandaise sauce and poached eggs. I did not have muffins as such, I replaced it fresh baguettes (got it from Jusco) as the base and smoked chicken ham as the topping with the eggs.
Took me about half an hr to prepare all of it. My initial thought was to get the sauce from Cold storage but after viewing a few video clips on it - I just did it ! It was pretty simple and easy as well and all of these are from here :) - of course you may opt for Gordon Ramsay if you want ....
Enjoy cooking :)


No comments:
Post a Comment