Journal Entry No 28 ~
In the corporate world, we use the term 'Walk the Talk' which simply means 'put your principles into practice'. For BB Matt, walk the talk means putting all his little toes and two feet into practise so that he can learn the trade of walking...
In the corporate world, we use the term 'Walk the Talk' which simply means 'put your principles into practice'. For BB Matt, walk the talk means putting all his little toes and two feet into practise so that he can learn the trade of walking...
He was 11 months old when he first started to stand by himself ~of course with the help of the house sofa. I was so worried that he will grow up to become a slow baby as all his 'member' at his age had already started to crawl, stand and even learning how to hold things 'free hand'. Blek !!! Adui !
BB Matt with Daddy at 11 months old
BB Matt @ 11 months old with mummy
So being the 'kan-cheong' mummy, I decided to ask my dad to teach him the art of walking despite my dad's busy schedule. So bad---He ! He ! . To start off, we gotto train his legs first, so my dad then used the rattan chair that I bought from the 'Ah Pek' shop when BB Matt was 6 months. First, it was one step at a time and the next thing you know, he was already putting his right foot out followed by his left and then slowly he marched and marched...slow but steady....He was trained everyday.
Then it was one of the weekends when hubby decided to hold his two hands and walk without the help of the chair. I was putting on some makeup when he walked over within 5 minutes...very fast for an 11 month old BB.
Without thinking twice, we then decided to grab a shoe that does the ' tik tok' sound whenever he walks. Heard ppl say that noisy shoes can help him to walk....so we just taruh. Too bad, he was not interested with the shoe and each time we put it on, he tends to take it out whenever possible.
Well, we will be patient with this cos patience and perseverance always wins the race. Keep on trying and training...
It has now been the 3rd week since he had learned the art of walking. He goes for his 'morning walk' of 5 minutes during weekends at my place and with God's will, I do hope that he can one day show me 'Look mum, I am walking~ look look free hand ' coupled with a cheeky smile from his face
BB - I know you can do it - I am sure you can 'Walk the Talk' in no time...
A short video clip in one of his walking attempts ~too lazy to walk -la....Enjoy
No comments:
Post a Comment