Monday, May 11, 2009

Kek Lok Si & Balik Pulau with BB Matt


Journal Entry 38

When I was pregnant with Matt, hubby had a few visits from his friends from overseas (as in another continent)not Seberang.... So, this 'kaypo mummy' (which is ME) will follow everywhere daddy goes. One common place that we went was Kek Lok Si.The to-be-mother seized the opportunity to give thanks to Kuan Yin and Buddha and of course, to pray and wish for a safe and normal delivery.

We actually visited Kek Lok Si twice for that very year. Anyways, 2 years had passed now and it is time for ME to 'bayar balik' and to return the vow that was once MADE. My late grandma once said, it is a MUST to give thanks to Kuan Yin & Buddha once your wish has been fulfilled ...or else....YOU KNOW -la the 'akibat' of not doing it ...

You see, I have been so busy with BB Matt ~ with him growing up and etc...the list is endless..Therefore, resolution made and day set to be on Labour Day. Mum and dad had not been to Kek Lok Si for a while - so, I decided to ask them to tag along.

Reached the place and we started our journey to pay homage to Buddha and The Goddess of Mercy, Kuan Yin. There I was with BB Matt - praying to each and every Kuan Yin & Buddha statue that I prayed to two years back making sure I did not miss any of it. However, I think I did missed one at the entrance. Blek !

We then adjourned to the Kuan Yin statue using the small furnicular train. Now canggih already, sit train up. I donated one piece of roof for the Kuan Yin's new shelter - under 'Alex Yeoh and family'. Prayed and asked for blessing. All done and next stop was to Balik Pulau....

It was a short journey up and of course, I missed the 'lemak laksa' there. Dad has been buying from this lady since 20 yrs back. We ordered 2 plates of char keow teow and each one had one bowl of laksa...YUMMY !! ~ not forgetting nutmeg juice too..it was refreshing and good. Hahaha...dad also took the chance to 'ta pau' 4 packets of laksa and we savoured laksa again for dinner !!

Some photos for viewing pleasure


Daddy with BB Matt




Mummy with BB Matt





Matt - Born in the Year of Rat




Me, Laksa Lemak and Matthew @ Balik Pulau




Yummy Laksa Lemak !!

1 comment:

CT (penang) said...

Is the laksa lemak there good? I didn't know that you like laksa lemak too! :D

sin kang kia