Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mama ~ The Iron Lady

Journal Entry No -34

Mother's day is approaching this coming Sunday and TODAY ~ I am going to blog about my beloved MUM aka Madam Lau - a person who had painstakingly and generously given birth to me 30 yrs back !

I called her 'mama' instead of the common 'mummy'. Err....some brief description about my MUM. Well, she is a WOMAN ...hehehhee...I would say a woman of substance ! Other than that, she is a lady ~~

- With few words,

- An Iron Lady in the family

- With no complains and does things whole heartedly -

- A person blessed with a kind heart.


In fact, my mum had always been my best fren and companion since young - wtd..I am her ONLY daughter in the family. Who else will she talk to other than me ??? He...he....Well , we talk about almost anything and the strength to our relationship is - trust and being open to each other. Nothing can be hidden from her & of course, each time I confide in her - she never fails to give me her 2 cents worth of advice.

Indeed, with this guidance, I have grown to become a better person in my journey in dealing with life's challenges and obstacles. In fact, it has been a blessing to become a mother myself. It is God's gift. The joy and experience that one receives as a mother is endless and shall never be regretted at any point of time !

My mum's will to strive on for the family till the extent of her grandkids had portrayed that she is not only confined to the boundaries of being a mother but also a grandmother to her bunch of joyful racsals aka her grandkids. She treated each and every one of them like her very own - by nurturing and guiding them like how she had guided us.... She will never say 'NO at anytime I asked her to take care of BB Matt. Hmmm..that is why I adore her so much....very appreciative in terms of what she has done for us...

So, children OUT there, no matter how young or old you are ~ it is always good to show your gratitude and respect to your mum whilst we can....so that we will never live a life full of regrets !

Therefore, to me - everyday is indeed a mother's day but of course, it is good to have a DAY to pamper, to love and to express our gratitude to the person who brought us to this world ! Mama is not into celebrations so I guess a simple dinner on Sunday would suffice...


Mothers....They give so much yet expect so little from us... and for this, I salute all Mothers !

Happy Mother's Day to both my mum and mum -in-law.....hehehe...lucky me...i have got 2 mothers !!! Enjoy and savour the day !


Mum with me, hubby and BB MATT




Mama with her 2 first granddaughters




A pic of me with mum at Bukit Tinggi - isn't she pretty ?





Mum with her 1st grandchild - Alicia



No comments: