Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Do You Believe in Karma ?

Journal Entry 46

Well- I do ! I certainly believe in Karma ! The wonders of law of cause and effect.

As quoted in 'The Samyutta Nikaya (227)'

According to the seed that's sown
so is the fruit ye reap therefrom
Doer of good will gather good
Doer of evil, evil reaps
Sown is the seed and thou shalt taste the fruit thereof

In fact, life itself is a cause and effect of one's previous life. I have heard of ppl complaining that life is not fair ! Well, if it is fair, then who will be poor, sick, ugly and etc ?? My late grandma once told me 'Well, girl - perhaps this might be the deeds that was once done and as such,it has to be repayed in his/her current life'. As I was still small that time, I think I just nodded with acknowledgement.

My neighbour who is a Buddhist told me that the fact that I have been destined to be with my hubby itself is Karma. Er...I was stunned for a while - I thought it was love that brought us together. Nvm, continue listening. She said, Yes, right now both of you have to repay each other due to your past lifes....and also ah, your son, Matthew - aiyoo, it is because you owe him last time. So, in this life, you need to repay him back, to take care and bring him up. I was just speechless...

It got me thinking for a while and after reflecting on one's life experience, what she says might be true also. This is pretty evident in the newspapers too, ppl suffering, babies being sick and parents being worried over it, etc etc etc.

Well, if this is the logic behind Karma and if I have owed my hubby and my little boy during my past lifes, then I better make sure I repay them back by loving them whole heartedly and to give them the best. Ppl say don't expect gratitude from your kids (ROI is always 0% - ha!ha!ha!) , well perhaps that might be true. If he does (repay your gratitude), it is a BONUS. If not, then I guess we just gotto let it be....as long as we have done our part in repaying on what has been owed to them....

He ! He ! Just a little thought from me ! What do you think ?

No comments: