I am in the mood to blog - good to have this kinda of momentum :)
My recipe books are rotting and collecting dust- so it is high time for me to put some thoughts into actions. Talk a lot, no action also not good. I had been delaying my cooking regime since I got married 5 yrs ago which in a way, kept my gas alive during that period. Heheheheh !!!
Hubby had been pestering me to cook but being a lazy, fat pig, I totally ignored his call and even told him to get me an oven before I started cooking. Then, came my mum's nagging and etc etc..She told me that if one day, if she go 'sell salted egg' that means mati-la (in cantonese), then only I will 'sedar diri'. No one will be able to guide me.So, that is when I came up with a resolution to cook ! Cook I must. Told my mum in law not to cook for Matt over the weekends so I can learn..maklumlah..i work 5 days a week, when come back - already a piece of shit- so weekends are my only time !
So, from now onwards, I will embarking on a journey - a Journey of becoming an Iron chef. I love AFC and each time, I drool when I see Jamie, Nigella and Asian Chefs working on short and wonderful recipes.
My 1st try out - since my kitchenware are all now complete with an OVEN - thanks to my 2nd bro, my mum in law's blender & a quality rice cooker(the old one went on fire when I attempted to wipe it with a semi-wet cloth ) . FYI- just some of the little incidents I went thru on previous cooking attempts.
Cut all the bulls - here goes IRON Chef attempt NO 1 - Shepherd's pie aka Cottage Pie. This time, it went well cos last attempt, I actually used the seasoning sauce to marinate - which was so wrong :(...follow recipe book also disaster...sigh :(
Shepherd's pie is a traditional dish with a meat base and a mashed potato topping.I gotto know of this wonderful dish from Jojo - love her to bits as she did introduce a lot of ang mor dish to me..so happy ! Anyway, read a few recipes here and there and all mixed, I came out with my own version. Here goes my 2nd recipe after the my 1st attempt of cooking porridge
Shepherd's Pie.
Toppings : Mashed Potato - easy only. Take 3 'hang choo' and boil till soft and tender. Peel skin and mashed it with salt, milk, butter, parsley & cheese. Kacau kacau till all of the bahan bahan mixed.
Isi : 2 chicken breast - minced it. Once done, mixed it with carrot or mixed veg,parsley leaves. Fry it with some lea perrins, salt, sugar, oyster sauce, garlic and bawang.. taste a bit after fry
After you do all of the above, you will get the below version.
Then, based on the above photo, just pour the mashed potato onto the fried stuff. There,spread it out and next, to the oven. Pls preheat the oven first ok..let it warm up !
Baked it for 1/2 hr till can smell the pie and you can take it out. That is when you get the below
Got hubby to makan and he said good...happy :). Gave half of the pie to my in laws and my parents. Got to know that my 2nd brother loves it and my bro in law, Sean almost ate my mum in law's share....hahahahah...LOL !
I think I will make more for their birthdays or housewarming...
thanks for the feedback ! Till then, Iron Chef : Attempt 2 : Nasi Lemak with Chicken Rendang & Ikan Bilis Curry.
Nite Nite
5 comments:
adel, look delicious...i shall get the recipe from your blog once i got the oven..hehhe..
I also love to watch AFC
hahaha....
I even ask my hubby to buy so many ingredients of malaysian food when he go to KL
Yet, more often I also so lazyyyy to cook,
hahaha....
ahahahah...how can u burn a rice cooker?! but yeah... it looks good. now u make me wanna bake! cis! hvnt been baking for soo long eversince my hse become 'tongkang pecah' whn i pack to move dat time! haih... nway, bravo on d successful effort!
Jessie-thanks for the visit. Hahaha.Yes dear, you must try that out. Simple dish, if not everyday eat spaghetti also meluat :)
Gayathri- yes, lovin' it all the way ! Simple and interesting show.
Sha - literally - yes I kinda burnt it. Hahahha..make sure you clean up everything before you cook. Yes Yes..thanks for your support and the recipe book too !! Adoring it weekly as well. hehehe
Congrats on your cooking. I bet the family enjoyed the food!
Post a Comment