Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blogging - 10 tips with Blog Writing

Journal Entry 106

2 yrs and still counting and here I am ~ still blogging.

For the past 2 yrs, I have been blogging aimlessly like a chicken without head. I tend to write a lot and did not know the art of blogging. Hahaha ~ yes for amateurs like me - BLOG also must blog in style..hehehe

You see, I tend to write a lot when I blog which is a big NO NO. No guidelines and I just 'pakai hentam'. In the end, each time my topic will terpesong - 'run fire'. Came across the below - Just thought that i’d share it with you readers (if you happen to be a blogger). Some main tips for guidance la - not obligated to follow k. Out of 10, I guess I only scored er ...like 5 :(.

One thing, the writer missed out would be the illustrations and photos. I guess putting lots and lots of photos after each description is always a must. Ppl tend to be very kaypo ...they prefer to see photos and comment on it rather than reading a long winded blog. Of course, creativity is important as well- ie the linkage btw the post and the photos.

Adapted from http://www.problogger.net/archives/2005/12/30/tens-tips-for-writing-a-blog-post/
Written on December 30th, 2005 at 06:12 pm by Darren Rowse

10 Tips

Make your opinion known - Yes, scored this - - PASSED

Link like crazy - No, under utilised - had never used this - FAILED

Write less - Failed miserably - FAILED

250 Words is enough - Er, I don't where I can find the icon to count - FAILED

Make Headlines snappy - Not really, A bit long winded- FAILED


Write with passion - OH DEFINITELY - I always write with passion !! - PASSED

Include Bullet point lists - NO NEVER - Shit....- FAILED

Edit your post - YES ALWAYS - PASSED

Make your posts easy to scan - I think so - NO IDEA really - so NEUTRAL

Be consistent with your style - AS ALWAYS - PASSED

Litter the post with keywords - LABELLING - PASSED


Well, there goes my self rating. Perhaps some view point from my fellow readers will be good.

Cheers !

No comments: