I bet this would be the first song any child would learn and know . In fact, according to a recent book that I have read i.e 'You Are Your Child's First Teacher', the author (Baldwin Dancy) describes that 'birthdays' are not only the day that a child celebrates his/her birthday but it is also a day for all mothers to remember the moments of labour as well as to celebrate the anniversary of a newly- found relationship btw a child and the mother.
For me, I believe that it is the DAY
-a bond and a relationship is being made btw a mother and child,
-that 'someone' of yours grows a yr older and
-you found that your mother's love knows no boundary
and for that very reason, it makes it even more important to celebrate it either on a small or grand scale...Well, you only have it once a yr..so make the best out of it !!
As BB Matt approach 9 months last Dec, he had a chance to attend 2 birthday celebrations from his paternal side.He was too small when we celebrated dad and Alicia's birthday, so I can't post that much. It was a privilege to attend
- his cousin, DARYL's 4th BIRTHDAY DINNER at Feng Wei
L-R Adrian, Daryl, Pooh bear & Sean
L-R : Daryl, Adeline, Sean
L-R Pooh bear trying to blow as well ; birthday Boy daryl
- of course Kong Kong Darl's (my father in law) 64th BIRTHDAY DINNER at PSC
L-R - mummy, Pooh bear, Daddy, Daryl
He was such a darling on both occasions as he sat down on his bb chair admiring us eating. Not to mention, he loves to eat too !! Daryl was excited with his Ben 10 toy that hubby bought for him till he forgot to open Adrian's Ku Ku's pressie. In fact, he was really happy that his cousin Matthew could make is as he had always wanted to play with him. Both kids enjoyed the company of each other.
It was a good day spent on both occasions as he gets to mingle with my in-laws, his cousin, uncles and aunties whom he sees on a weekly basis. He was like a Pooh bear waiting to be pinched and loved.....He ! He !
Love of my life : Hubby and my Pooh bear
After dinner, hubby drove us home and as I sung his fav lullaby song, I can see that he is sleeping with a BIG smile in his eyes saying,
'Mummy, thanks for bringing me out to this world ! The day you gave birth to me will always be cherished and remembered each time I blow the candle away. Your love and sacrifice knows no boundary and for that - I love you, mummy !'
-Adel-
I am so looking forward to the upcoming family member's birthday celebration (esp my Pooh bear's 1st birthday celebration ) this yr..stay tune to more post in time to come !!
2 comments:
Omgggg, that photo of BB Matt trying to blow off the candles look SO CUTE!
Love,
sin kang lang :)
Thanks Andrea !! My one and ONLY supporter !! Give more comments yeah.....true, very cute, Elaine said, the bigger the cheeks, the smaller the eyes will be ....hahahaha..stay tune..
Post a Comment