Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Self Pampering & Indulgence ~ Is it going to happen ?

Journal Entry No 27 ~

I have been really tired lately ~~

Mum & Dad was away on a weekend trip to Taiping to prepare for the coming 'Cheng Beng' - so, WE (hubby &myself) had to take care of BB Matt for 3 days. He was not behaving -in fact he was pretty clingy and cranky last weekend till it got both of us frustrated, tense and irritated.

For me - Household chores has to be done cos weekends is the only day I have. Clothes 'melambak lambak 'naik like bukit, the floor is so dirty-has to be swept and mopped and documentations and etc etc..

For hubby - he has to complete his DOTA & Fallout quest - in other words - his computer games - which is not of priority, but eventhough how much I nag him, this is the only device that could give him pure relaxation...

Anyway, hubby was kind enough to forgo his quest and helped me with BB Matt. Trust me, whenever it comes to babies - you just got to BE THERE for them and I MEANT - sitting next to him..admiring his antics. In a way, he/she has to feel your presence. We had to do everything quickly and fast when he is fast asleep or else everything will be in havoc when he wakes up.

Whilst rushing thru this, I stopped what I was doing for a while. I really need to get out ~ to bREAKAWAY ~I need to pamper myself - self pampering is what I need. A rest amidst all of this. So, I decided to discuss this with my parents - cos while I do all of this, someone has to take care of Matt. It is a fact that I should be with Matt whenever and wherever I can, however in a nutshell - good parenting comes from a good rest. It takes tremendous amount of energy to mother a baby and it becomes ineffectual when we are tired.

Yes..self pampering is going to happen next week. I had purposely taken a day off on Monday and the list is endless ~~~
  • I am going to paint my hair brown ~ err, well just going to dye it mahagony brown - my fav colour
  • A day at the spa - an appt made at the earliest at 10am
  • Meditation perhaps
  • Read up some books
  • Take a walk at the garden and lastly SLEEEPPP !

Well, that is my plan and I am going to make sure it happens before I start off with another tiring yet challenging week !

Wish me luck !

3 comments:

jamiemama said...

go for it, dear!

CT (penang) said...

can't wait to see you with your new hairstyle :) which spa are you going to?

sin kang kia

Adelene Chin @ Miss Chan Kan Cheong said...

Jamie : Yeah, i did it, painted my hair brown and went for a relaxing facial instead of spa....

Andrea : Hairstyle still the same ; no change also. only colour different. Spa..hahhaa..no-la can't find one that fits me..i went for my monthly facial instead...heheheh