The nursery rhymes goes like this ~~
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King's horses, And all the King's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again!
Sorry, can't find a decent pic of Humpty Dumpty

My little humpty dumpty had a fall 2 weeks ago with a back to back fall within a period of 3 days. My heart ache for him but I guess that is part of growing up. 'Ma ee' said that boys are more cheeky, therefore expected !! Also, my aunt said, his head so big, fall also cannot feel.....**laughing away...
Fall # 1 was at home. It was bedtime, put him strategically on the bed with all the cushions and pillows around him, yet somehow or rather, he repositioned himself. Mummy was already sleeping like a pig whilst daddy still actively looking at his interactive dumb box- his computer. Suddenly, heard a 'thud' sound, I thought that I was dreaming but that wasn't the case - it was Matt's big head - right to the floor. Shocked and half asleep, I carried him back and repositioned him. Hug him for a while and he slept back.
Fall # 2 was at mum's place. Dinner time this time. Mum and dad was catching up with Little Nyonya as such, was glued to the dumb box again (TV) ! Not wanting to disturb them, I thought that Matt can sit quietly on one of the chairs, but I was wrong ....so so wrong that I over estimated his sitting progress. Sis in law was around, so while I was talking to her the other side, he 'pok' again. HAHAHAHA !! Exactly like Humpty Dumpty straight from the chair. The forehead was swollen..really bengkak like the cartoons in Disney. Can't capture the bengkak-ness, so can't show. Mum will kill me for that !!
See the 'ang mor lau' subsiding ...
Told hubby about it, he said, perhaps some preventives measures has to be taken....Matt is as careless as his dad - follow father. Prevention is always better than cure !!!
Well, perhaps sofa on the floor is a good idea
Ignore daddy's smelly bolster
OR IF NOT.....
could the below be a more ideal way of ensuring total protection against his head......the verdict is YOURS !!
BLEK !!!
TA DA ~~~~
4 comments:
My humpty is so little and we like this poem.
Sheron
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step
Thanks for the comment !! Can't seem to go into your site..thanks for dropping by.
I like the poem too...it fits our little rascals perfectly !!
what we did was to place remove the bed-frame and place the mattress on the floor. we've heard so many stories from friends about how their child fell off the bed so we decided to take some preventive measures by placing the mattress on the floor. didnt want to risk the kids falling from the bed!
even with the mattress on the floor, Rachel fell off from the mattress before when she was a baby. but at least it wasnt such a hard knock.
Hi Wee Lyn...thanks for the visit. yeah, this is the 3rd time he had his knock. Now, I am putting all the mattress and pillows....for safety reason.
I guess all babies are the same. They gotto hit the floor one day or another....hahhaha
Post a Comment