A few days left for the month of Oct and we will be hopping to Nov soon. Gosh ! It is already coming to the end of the YEAR !!! In 2 month's time, we will be greeting 2010 - hehehe..sounds futuristic though....All the movies depicting the near future and NOW, it is FINALLY here...a new era perhaps dominated by social networking and COMPUTERS !! No robots to RULE the world yet...err.. for the time being !
Well, cut the crap ! Let me tell you something about me ...I had always love reading - perhaps due to my parent's constant nagging, it had became part of my life. No doubt, I love reading but the irony is I can never finish a BOOK ! The only books that I have ever finished were 'textbooks' during schooling and uni days. Kakakaka !! Hubby can finish his fantasy novel within a week and what about ME ?? Still struggling to finish one book ...and in btw, trying to read up other new books which interest me !! In the end, I got myself confused as I can't recall which page I stopped !! Muahahha !!
I do my book, magazine and etc etc shopping at Borders. Being a stingy person, I would take a whole afternoon to read all the books there...It is like a library - just that if you need to take the book back, you gotto pay ! Slapped with a bill - so to speak ! Anyways, if hubby goes for his football/biking, I will then drop by Borders and have a good time there !My main AIM will be recipe books - the sight of food makes my 'adrenaline rush' even faster !!
My style of reading ~A CONFESSION THAT I HAVE TO MAKE !! ~ ppl may called it 'cheating' or 'How can you do that ??'....but I just love reading the summary portion ONLY - my way is ~ the 1st few pages, the last few pages and the end of the book -just get the thrill of it ! Then, I will then go home & spend some time reading the whole summary on the internet !! Amazing stuff !! This way, if ppl ask me, then I can tell them .....hahaha - i finished reading it ! Good book !! Not knowing that I didn't even read the content of it. Hahhaha !!!
A few weeks back, I revisited Borders again and came upon a few good books that should be reviewed & read. Some good takeaways
Tuesdays with Morrie
Link ~ http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/morrie/context.html. A touching story about life and how simple it could be - with lessons learnt throughout thirteen Tuesdays. About a student and a teacher
7 Habits of Highly Effective Ppl
Stephen Covey, the author of the book had written about 7 Habits that all of us should have to be effective. In fact, I do have his book - a gift from my co but guess what, I am still stuck on page 30. Anyways, the lesson learnt would be
Habit 1: Being proactive
Habit 2: Begin with the End in mind
Habit 3: Put First Things First
Habit 4: Think Win-Win
Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood
Habit 6: Synergize
Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw
Not including the above list would also be my dharma books as well as my COLLECTION OF RECIPE BOOKS ~ STRICTLY for viewing and not experimenting...Hubby would always used that to 'slap' me ~ hehehe...as to remind me that I should be using the book for COOKING rather than viewing it when I am doing my 'business'.
Well, I guess I should start practising by now...but till then, my date with Borders will still happen every weekend !
2 comments:
Border's is my favourite place too! Like to sit at Starbucks and spend the day reading books that I cannot afford to buy :)
sin kang kia
Hahaha..thanks for the visit again Andrea !! Hehehe...looks like we are visiting each other's Blog nia...hahahah..
Yes, some books are so expensive, so since there is a coffeebuck there...might as well take advantage of it !!
Post a Comment