A quote from Morrie :-
'So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning." (43) --Morrie '
Another outdated post....can't really seem to find the time to blog. Gosh, this is the 2nd post for Feb. Gotto make sure things are more up to date from today. As per my new year resolution, one of it was to give more to the community and to create something that gives purpose and meaning to where I live. Er, so far - I haven't come across a chance yet but we will see how it goes this yr...hehehe..
To date, I have participated in a few charity drives and of course, the feeling of being able to help others are always overwhelming. We see ppl suffering throughout the world - cancer & AIDs patients, earthquakes survivors, ppl without food and lots more. I should count my blessings as all my loved ones are protected and this makes me love them more each day. Relay for Life & Dell Champion Walk are some of the charity drives that I participated yearly, the only problem is I 'malas' to walk - hahahha..NATO member - what to do ? Perhaps, I should walk this time to support what the society is doing ....talk a lot with no action also no go..hahaha
Late last yr, I was given a chance to participate in a charity drive called 'Music for Life' organised by The Jamming Sensation Centre where my 2nd niece is studying music. Can't wait to enrol my kiddo there too...My 2nd niece (QY) was supposed to play a part for the Mickey Mouse dance, unfortunately - she was diagnosed with chicken pox last minute and had to pass the show. It was a wonderful 3 hr concert with lots of talented musicians and singers belting out their numbers in the name of charity. Was indeed overwhelmed and glad that we still have wonderful beings being there for one another...so proud of them !
So, what is in for this yr's Charity Drive ? Well, it is still a long year ahead but I will never hesitate to participate if there are such callouts for this kind of events. Also, not to mention, charity begins at home so, let us make sure we do our part for our own family and friends before we lookout for the society.
Here are some snapshots during the charity concert...Sorry, picture very small..no money to buy xtra lens....hahahaha
Me
Plus Alicia
Mickey Mouse dance
Harmonica Performance
Ang mor from US - can really sing ( can't recall her name - some Millie)
Well, that nite ended at 12 plus...hehehe..with Moses Chuah's rendition of 'Fly Me to the moon' playing in my head ...till I slept....Looking forward to another one this yr !!
2 comments:
Hi Adelene,thanks so much for allowing my rendition of "Fly Me To The Moon" linger in your thoughts till you went to sleep after the Music for Life Concert.:).And also thanks for becoming my fan on Facebook.I just added you as my friend.I just launched an instrumental cd in aid of my church building fund.It's selling at RM30 per cd.Hope to get your support too!Cheers!
Hi Moses,
Gosh..oh dear ~ I didn't know that you have visited my blog...yeah, I love your voice and I think that it is the greatest so far...hahaha..I am sure you will do well with your album.
Great work there ! Will definitely support you thru...and yes, wonderful rendition of 'Fly Me to the Moon'
Keep it up ! Thanks for the visit too !!
Post a Comment