Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Weekend Trial : Nasi Lemak

Journal Entry 108

As promised, here goes Iron Chef 2 : Nasi Lemak. Initially, I wanted to cook chicken rendang and Ikan bilis as the side dishes, but due to the complexity of these 2 dishes, I decided to forgo it. Instead, I opted for my mum's version of sambal udang & kunyit chicken. Easier la - no need to prepare so many things:(


Seek some professional advice from mum and she gave me some guidance. No doubt, it did not taste as good as mum's cooking - but the aroma was there - hehe :). My nasi lemak tak cukup salt - so the taste a bit out - also a bit too watery. Will try again next time.

Here you go - the preparation & servings.

Preparation STAGE

ABC soup - prepare for Matt - the said ingredients - very easy only.



Preparation for nasi lemak- only need RM 1 santan. Timun is for garnishing :)




The dishes - clockwise : ABC soup - carrot and potato, santan for nasi lemak, prawn to cook sambal udang, marinated kunyit chicken & pandan leaves.




Nasi lemak inside the rice cooker.




Settled

ABC soup



Kunyit chicken



Nasi Lemak cooked




Lastly, my sambal udang - dad and mum said that I tumis not long enuf, as such, the structure not so solid - also a bit spicy.

Here you go




All in all, hubby said it was okay but still need some improvement. Till the next post on Jap curry - good nite !

No comments: