Journal Entry 161
Yes, I know. Another staycation within a lapse of two months. Well, this time round - our staycation was at Gurney hotel - the place we booked ourselves in 3 years back :). How time flies !!
It was a lovely break for the 3 of us and in between hubby's new job, Matt's schooling and my own work, we rarely have time spent together as a family. Hmm, we actually do but I guess, it wasn't a full day get together play and have fun sessions. Too much distractions at home :)...kekeke * guilty as charged !
Hmm, nothing new about the hotel except that they have changed their old TV to a flat screen one - which they should have done way back yrs ago. Hahaha- I can still remember that huge CRT monitor blocking Matt's small head . High time they move on with the technology :):). Neeways, we checked in, slept, lingered around the hotel and then proceed to the pool. Sigh, there were just way too many kids in the pool, so in the end, Matt opted to play with the sand instead :(.
After the swim, we then proceed for dinner and as the hubby wanted to go green, we had to walk all the way from Gurney Hotel to Gurney Plaza. Oh man ! It was really far indeed !! Hubby mentioned it was a good time for bonding and well, he was true in a way. The laughter and the time we spent with Matt during our walk there did cushioned the distance we had to endure. I loved the fact that we were together and there wasn't a need for us to bear with the traffic and get frustrated. We have the time all to ourselves !!
Dinner was at Sushi Tei (one of my fav Jap restaurant) & we proceed to the toyland therafter. Matt as usual was crazy over his Hot Wheels collection and insisted for me to get another one for him. Er, I resisted at first but alas, I had to succumb to his 'manja-ness (if there is ever such a word). All done, we then went on to the Gurney hawker stall for rojak before we walked back for the day -with lil Matt holding his sour cream pretzels from Auntie Anne's.
Hmm, I think a whole load of sour cream pretzels would be just fine for his coming birthday !!
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment