For the past few weeks, I had been busy with wedding dinners coupled with get togethers and indirectly no time to blog. Well, you know whenever there is a wedding, there will always be the 'long time no see' and 'how are you' moments....anyway, excuses aside, it is time for me to say a few words about my dad since Father's day had just passed - er- about a month ago !! Blek !
When we were small, as much as I can recall ~ there were hardly any Father's day celebration for dad. Papa is a bit reserved and shy. These traits could be attributed to his upbringing - you see, he was raised in a strict family with my great grandma as the matriarch of the family, so no hanky panky and no nonsense or lovey dovey moments ! Only work and self-discipline...heheheh
Well, a little bit about my papa
To me, Papa was my true hero and a person I look up to.
To my mother he was her SOUL MATE, her BEST FRIEND, her OTHER HALF.
To me and 2 others he was "PAPA".
He once told my uncle, 'As a father, his time is being allocated to serve us -his wife and children.In fact,he would never hesitate to lay his worth for the sake of his family, if that is what was required of him. He taught us the meaning/value of love, righteousness and holding up to integrity in oneself. By and large, he has always been there for me - from the day I came to life, throughout my schooling yrs, marriage and till the day I gave birth.
With this, I thank him for what he has done for me and I just want to say how much I love him (cos conveying it in writing is much easier than saying it)- cos I don't think I have the courage to say that...heheheh. Good job dad ! You are definitely the best dad that anyone would want to have...
So, what did we do to celebrate this wonderful moments ?
He ! He ! Fearing the same experience during Mother's day, we decided to go for something simple. Dinner at Tsuruya @ I Avenue. Too many small little kids to be taken care of. Also, we did not managed to capture much photos as we were too busy chasing the little rascals. Ha! Ha !Imagine us putting up a fight with the kids and bb screaming when we tried to talk. True havoc !! Anyway, we manage to finish the food but at the end of the day, was pretty tired :(. Since, we can't capture the moments, I decided to put up some photos during my wedding and papa's birthday.
My registration day
A weekend getaway at Bukit Tinggi
Papa with her 2 grandchild - Alicia and Qian Yi

Mum's birthday
The next day, it was time to celebrate Father's day with my in laws. We had it at G Hotel - as mummy has got some coupons from Miraku. We booked the VIP room and when we reached, there was a lovely set up of tables. Jap food again...this time I ordered pork since I had fish the day before....Enjoyed lunch and had a few snapshots here and there. Camera was not that powerful- this resulted in some pretty blurry pictures.
Some snapshots of the day - a bit blur thou but better than nothing
Family photo
Happy family
Parents in law with their grandchild
Once again Happy Father's Day 2009 to both Papa as well as my father in law !
No comments:
Post a Comment