Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy 32nd Birthday Bi

Journal Entry 114

Hubby & Matt's birthday is basically 2 week's apart with the latter's birthday on the 9th of April.

Over the past 17 yrs being with hubby, I have not really given him a good treat - presents were merely talcum powder or hair gel - a bit cheapo I should say. Other than the gifts, we would just go for a simple 'makan' at nearby restaurants and call it a day.

Well, this year I decided to do something different - a nice fine dining dinner treat at The View, Equatorial. We had always tried Kampachi (one of our fav)so, we thought of paying a bit more 'xtra' for the service and food quality. Also, it has been a while since we have gone for a candle light dinner after giving birth to Matt.

Reservations made and we dropped BB Matt at my in laws place so that we can have some peace of mind while eating. Moreover, I don't think kids are allowed at the restaurant as well :).

The theme for the restaurant was semi buffet and the price for the nite follows the main dish that is being ordered. I had a fair share of grilled cod fish while hubby had the lamb rack - I must say both of it tasted extremely delicious :):)

Note/Ref: http://www.equatorial.com/pen/index.php?navi_id=6&sub_navi_id=14&lang=1 (The View)


The lovely flower arrangement coupled with the candlelights sets the mood




The appetiser (wonderful marinated salmon with alcohol - I think brandy)




Our main course








Say Cheese with birthday boy



Last but not least - a complimentary treat from the chef - since it was our 1st time there - dessert :)





All in all, hubby loves the treat and I think he is looking for more of this in yrs to come.

With this, wishing him a happy wonderful birthday !


Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional ~ Stay young and vibrant as always :)



~Tata

No comments: