I love weekends !
Working 8hrs a day from Mondays to Fridays is definitely a big no-no to all of us & a breakaway from our daily routine for two days is indeed a blessing. Well, make it two and a half- cos the clock starts ticking at 5pm Friday evening !! Hahahah !!!
Since having bubs and with him growing each day, two meals a day is a must. Normally, if I am lazy - a simple chicken porridge will suffice during weekends. But if my crazy, impulsive mood starts to kick in - then I will pasang kuat on the dishes.
Two weeks back, I got a bit adventurous and tried on a simple pasta dish (Aglio Olio) and did another trial on my chicken lasagne. This time, I boil the sheets (cooked al'dente)so that the sheets will be soft when I baked it. Turned out to be pretty good except for some stubborn hard edges at the side :(.
While baking my lasagne, I proceeded with my aglio olio (garlic pasta) and added some prawns & sausage to it. Sautéed the garlic (Lots of it !!) with olive oil and once done, I then sprinkled some chilli flakes (for garnishing). Definitely, a simple dish for the weekend. Well, hubby was pretty happy with my achievement this time and am sure he is looking for more to come..hahahaha ....

Next on - meatball spaghetti !!
No comments:
Post a Comment