Friday, March 16, 2012

Weekend Trial : Bento Making aka Kyaraben

Journal Entry 137

About a month ago, I came across an article in The Star featuring Bento Making aka Kyaraben making. That got me a bit excited.

Bento or boxed lunch, originated from ancient Japan. It began as a simple dish but has since transformed to an interest/hobby for most SAHM. Upon reading the article, I find myself amazed with this form of adorable creations. Also, did a Google search and found two impressive blogs on Bento making - one being the featured blogger in the article, Kids Dream Work and another Bento Fun.

This food art comes in a form of mix and match with rice, meat,some vege and anything that you like to add to the lunch box. Also,once done with the food arrangement , you can then compliment your Bento lunchbox with some cute adorable 'ka-chang' . This is available at any Japanese outlet and they are definitely the pioneer when it comes to food presentation and packaging. Simply awesome !

So, as enthusiastic as always, I visited Daiso & 100 Yen to get my bento lunch boxes as well as the mould for my sushi rice. All the 'ka-chang' is ready - just one thing ~ I have yet to start this off due to my lazy syndrome. That one fine day will come - perhaps some french toast with butter corn would be a good start :):)

Till then, my bento making 'ka-chang'








Till our next road trip, signing off.

No comments: