Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekend Trial : Oriental Food #2

Journal Entry 138

I love buying perencahs.

In fact, with my current busy lifestyle - this type of fast, easy perencah package is definitely an all in one solution for busy mums like me ! Not only that, it saves me the hassle of going to the pasar pagi in the wee hrs of a Sunday morning to get the required spices.Aw...Nothing beats the feeling of waking up late during weekends ! Splendid !

Having said that, being a nyonya food lover, it was pure coincidence that I came across a demo on Mak Nyonya latest Chicken Rice sauce. Tasted it and it was pretty aromatic. Without much thinking, took a packet and paid for it. Hubby wasn't really that happy as I still have a handful of perencah collections at home - not cooked :(.

Anyways, being the stubborn me - I went back happily with my new loot. Of course, I tried it last weekend and it turned out to be great ! Hubs loves it and with the new dish in town, I add on some other dishes for my weekend cooking trials.

Ow, another curry paste that I have used would be for my green curry. The ready to cook paste is being produced by One Fine Shop and is packaged in a very creative way. I guess it was the packaging that attracted me apart from the paste.

My weekend oriental food project - ta dah



From Top Left:- Green Curry, Enoki Mushroom - Pan fried with butter,Cabbage soup
To Bottom Right :- Onion Eggs, Tempura Fried Crab Fillet & Chicken rice

Good comments from hubs except that the green curry was a bit salty. Had to add more water :). Well, will work on it.

Next Challenge : Lobak & Asam Pedas Fish, Chicken Stew

No comments: