Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekend Trials - Fusion Nasi Lemak

Journal Entry 164

I love weekends and this week, I am even more happier as we get a two day bonus to enjoy our days off. All thanks to the Raya celebration this time around and as we live in a multi-racial country, we get to enjoy the perks as well ! Selamat Hari Raya ~ Maaf Zahir dan Batin to all that is celebrating this month!

Well, since it is a good time to relax and do things at our leisure, it is time for me to work on my weekend trials. I have decided to try making nasi lemak again after the first nasi lemak attempt 2 yrs back. Hahaha !! It has been a while. Anyway, as I progress in my cooking - the hubby had advised to give it a try.

So, off I went to the pasar pagi, got the same ingredients and with Mama Chin's tip, I cook up a storm in my kitchen. This time - I actually 'tumis' the sambal mixture longer till it is aromatic enough before I add on the 'asam jawa' water. Also, for the nasi lemak, I have also added salt on top of the RM1 santan.

Took nearly 2 hrs to complete the dishes for the day and voila, here goes my fusion nasi lemak for the Yeohs's to savour.

I have also decided to be creative and did some food presentation /garnishing by adding on mint leaves, chicken at the side and some half boiled eggs.

Ta-dah ~~ I am so proud of myself.

The hubby's verdict - sedap and nice !



No comments: